In this ESL lesson plan for adults and teens, students watch a video about snowkiting. It includes discussion questions and conversation activities about skiing, snowboarding, equipment, & winter sports. Students learn some important vocabulary terms related to these topics. For grammar, students do an activity on articles and uncountable nouns. In the cooperation activity, students can leave a voicemail, make a social media post, or create cotent for a homepage.
- Skiing, Snowboarding, Winter Sports
- Short Answers, True / False, Post-Viewing Discussion
- Definitions, Matching, Context Usage, Sentences
- Articles + Uncountable Nouns
- Leave a Voicemail, Make a Social Media Post, Create Homepage Content
Type of video: Story / Interview
Length of video: 2:15
Topics: Snowkiting, Winter Sports
Snowkiting has become a big hit in parts of Alaska, and has been growing in recent years. The growth of the sport is due to the efforts of Tom Fredericks, who helped start the snowkiting legacy, established the first snowkiting school in Alaska, and organizes a snowkiting festival every year.
*Most suitable for intermediate - upper-intermediate students. Suitable for ages 14+