In this ESL lesson plan for adults and teens, students watch a video about a mother and her son who were born without arms, but learned how to live a normal life despite their circumstances. It includes discussion questions and conversation activities about disabilities, life challenges, and surgery Students learn some important vocabulary terms related to these topics. For grammar, students do an activity on the difference between despite and even though. In the cooperation activity, students can plan a non-profit organization, tell a story, or talk about life goals.
- Disabilities, Life Challenges, Surgery, Positive Mental Attitude
- Short Answers, True / False, Post-Viewing Discussion
- Definitions, Context Usage, Image Matching, Phrasal Verbs
- Difference - Despite / Even though
- Non-Profit Organization, Telling a Story, Making Goals
Type of video: Interview / Short Documentary
Length of video: 2:58
Topics: Disabilities, Life Challenges, Surgery
A mother and her son were born with a rare condition that left them without arms, but it doesn't stop them from living a normal life or feeling any different than other people.
*Most suitable for upper intermediate - advanced students. Suitable for ages 14+