In these ESL lesson plans for adults and teens, students watch a video and do a listening exercise about Bitcoin and cryptocurrency. It includes discussion questions and conversation activities about finance, cryptocurrency, and the economy. Students also learn some important vocabulary terms related to these topics. The grammar exercises feature comparisons (as...as), passive voice, and prepositions + gerunds. In the cooperation activity students make interview questions, documentary scenes, or public statements.
- Finance, Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, Economy
- Multiple Choice, Short Answers, Matching, Choosing Correct Word
- Definitions, Context Usage
- Comparisons (as...as) / Passive Voice / Prepositions + Gerunds
- Making Interview Questions, Documentary Scenes, Public Statements
Type of video: Informational Animation
Length of video: 1:36
Topics: Finance, Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, Economy
Many people have heard of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency but some are still a little unclear about how exactly it works. Educate your students on it using this short, but very clear, breakdown on the ins and outs of cryptocurrency. A hot topic today that will definitely stir up some good conversation about the evolution and future of money.
*Suitable for pre-intermediate - advanced students. Suitable for ages 14+