In this ESL lesson plan for adults and teens, students watch a video and do a listening exercise about a date Will Smith has with Sophia, the humanoid robot. It includes discussion questions and conversation activities about artificial intelligence, robots, & dating. Students also learn some important vocabulary terms related to these topics. The grammar exercise features the present perfect simple / continuous. In the cooperation activity students can have a conversation, leave a voice-mail in the future, or write a letter.
- Artificial Intelligence, Robots, Dating
- Short Answers, True / False, Post-Viewing Discussion
- Adjectives, Nouns, Phrases, CCQ, Phrasal Verbs & Verbs
- Present Perfect Simple & Continuous
- Having a Philosophical Conversation, Leaving a Voice-Mail, Writing a Letter
Type of video: Interview / Comedy
Length of video: 4:31
Topics: Artificial Intelligence, Robots, Dating
Will Smith seems to have a special attraction to Sophia the humanoid robot, so much that he takes her on a romantic date to the Cayman Islands. Things get awkward when wine, jokes, and the atmosphere of the island air get to Will Smith's head, and he decides to go in for the kiss. See how Sofia reacts.
*Most suitable for intermediate - advanced students. Suitable for ages 14+